Interstices 23 - Call for PG Research Submissions
Call for Design Research Projects
NASA (JPL/JHUAPL), (2020). Six Views of the Eros Asteroid – “Eros' Bland Butterscotch Colors” [Source: Wikimedia Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:PIA02475_Eros%27_Bland_Butterscotch_Colors.jpg]
Continuing our commitment to publish the work of emerging design researchers, Interstices: Journal of Architecture & Related Arts invites postgraduate or recently graduated researchers in architecture and related art and design fields to submit projects for the journal’s peer-reviewed, creative design research section.
Projects should be complete at the time of submission and include an explanatory synopsis of 1,500 – 2,000 words.
Project documentation and the synopsis should:
- Be original and previously unpublished.
- In the case of visual material, include up to ten indicative views of the proposal.
- In the case of moving image, animated sequences, or audio works, not exceed four minutes in duration.
- Include a scholarly and critically situating synopsis for the project coauthored by both the project’s creator and the supervisor(s) involved (if applicable). The synopsis should bear the name of the researcher as the primary author and the supervisor (if included) as the secondary author.
- Exhibit, if feasible, a relationship with the journal issue theme – “Architectures of Love” – although this is not mandatory. Note: the call for Issue 23 can be seen at https://interstices.ac.nz/index.php/Interstices/announcement/view/15
Visit our website to view the Guidelines for Submissions for details about the reviewing process, copyright requirements and formatting: https://interstices.ac.nz/index.php/Interstices/Style_Guide.
All submissions will be blind refereed by an invited panel.
Issue 23 journal editors are Susan Hedges (AUT University), Karamia Muller & Andrew Douglas (both University of Auckland)
- 20 October - submission deadline
- 10 November - project peer reviews due
- 30 November - editing & proofing complete
- 22 December - design & finalisation
- 15 January – estimated issue publication
Please submit full project documentation for the creative design research section of Interstices 22 to Andrew Douglas (email@example.com) by 20 October 2023.
Thank you, and we look forward to your contribution!