INTERSTICES: Journal of Architecture & Related Arts Call for Creative Design Research Projects
INTERSTICES: Journal of Architecture & Related Arts - 20
Call for Creative Design Research Projects
Jeremy Bentham (modified), (1796). Fleuron from: Management of the poor: or, a plan, containing the principle and construction of an establishment, in which persons of any description are to be kept under inspection. And In Particular Penitentiary-Houses; Prisons, Houses Of Industry, Work-Houses, Poor-Houses, Manufactories, Mad-Houses, Hospitals, And Schools. With a plan of management. In a series of letters. By Jeremy Bentham, Of Lincoln's-Inn, Esq. Illustrated with copper-plates. [Source: Wikimedia Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Management_of_the_poor-_or_Fleuron_N004370-6.png]
Continuing our commitment to publishing the work of emerging designer researchers, Interstices: Journal of Architecture & Related Arts invite postgraduate or recently graduated researchers in architecture and related art and design fields to submit projects for the journal’s peer-reviewed, creative design research section.
Projects should be complete at the time of submission and are to include an explanatory synopsis of 1,500 words.
Project documentation and the synopsis should conform to the following requirements:
· Be original and unpublished previously
· In the case of visual material, include no more than eight indicative views of the proposal
· In the case of moving image, animated sequences, or audio works, not exceed four minutes duration
· Include a scholarly and critically situating synopsis for the project coauthored by both the project’s creator and the supervisor(s) involved (if applicable). The synopsis should bear the name of the researcher as the primary author and the supervisor (if included) as the secondary author
· Exhibit, if feasible, a relationship with the journal issue theme. See - the current call for papers for Issue 20 | Political Matters - https://interstices.ac.nz/index.php/Interstices/announcement/view/2
Submissions will be considered for inclusion in Issue 20 of Interstices: Journal of Architecture & Related Arts, scheduled for publication in mid - 2020.
Visit our website to view the Guidelines for Submissions for details about the reviewing process, copyright issues and formatting: https://interstices.ac.nz/index.php/Interstices/Style_Guide.
All submission will be blind refereed by an invited panel.
Issue 20 journal editors are Farzaneh Haghighi (University of Auckland) & Nikolina Bobic (University of Plymouth).
Please submit full project documentation for the creative design research section of Interstices 20 to Andrew Douglas (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 31 January 2020.
We look forward to your contribution!