Call for Design Research Projects
NASA (JPL/JHUAPL), (2020). Six Views of the Eros Asteroid – “Eros' Bland Butterscotch Colors” [Source: Wikimedia Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:PIA02475_Eros%27_Bland_Butterscotch_Colors.jpg]
Continuing our commitment to publish the work of emerging design researchers, Interstices: Journal of Architecture & Related Arts invites postgraduate or recently graduated researchers in architecture and related art and design fields to submit projects for the journal’s peer-reviewed, creative design research section.
Projects should be complete at the time of submission and include an explanatory synopsis of 1,500 – 2,000 words.
Project documentation and the synopsis should:
- Be original and previously unpublished.
- In the case of visual material, include up to ten indicative views of the proposal.
- In the case of moving image, animated sequences, or audio works, not exceed four minutes in duration.
- Include a scholarly and critically situating synopsis for the project coauthored by both the project’s creator and the supervisor(s) involved (if applicable). The synopsis should bear the name of the researcher as the primary author and the supervisor (if included) as the secondary author.
- Exhibit, if feasible, a relationship with the journal issue theme – “Architectures of Love” – although this is not mandatory. Note: the call for Issue 23 can be seen at https://interstices.ac.nz/index.php/Interstices/announcement/view/15
Visit our website to view the Guidelines for Submissions for details about the reviewing process, copyright requirements and formatting: https://interstices.ac.nz/index.php/Interstices/Style_GuideRead more about Interstices 23 - Call for PG Research Submissions